Fluids

Fluids

DPM injection from file

• Aitor
      Subscriber
      I am performing numerical simulations making use of the Discrete Phase Model, as would like to model the flow that is obtained after expelling a gas and some particles from three pipes. nFocusing attention on the DPM model, I have selected a surface injection (unsteady particle tracking) and I am getting a converged solution. However, I see that if my surface has 100 faces, then 100 parcels are created. This is not valid for my case, as I have a boundary layer, and I do not find reasonable to create so many parcels.nIn view of the above, I have looked for an alternative. Section 25.3.12. Point Properties for File Injections n25.3.12. Point Properties for File Injections (ansys.com)nsays that it is possible to create custom injections by means of an injection file. However, it requires the specification of the geometry, and this is highly tedious. Moreover, If I want to modify the geometry, I will be forced to modify the injection manually, and I do not find this viable. nIs there any template for a custom injection file for a surface injection? For example, if my face has 100 elements, I would like to modify just the number of injections from 100 to 10 (for example).nThank you in advance,nAitorn
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
    • Aitor
      Subscriber

Please check https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/2995/dpm-particle-trackingPlease go through help manual for more details Regards,KeyurHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentHow to show full resolution imageGuidelines on the Student CommunityHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/110797#Comment_110797

Hello Keyur, nThank you for your response. I have read that thread, as well as all the information present at ANSYS User Manual, but I do not see any example that serves as an starting point for my model. Am I forced to set all the injections manually? My geometry is complex, and If I make some modifications, I would have to start from 0.nI just want the typical surface injection with less parcels.n
    • Aitor
      Subscriber
      Hello Keyur,nThank you for your response. I have read that thread, as well as all the documentation present at Ansys User's Manual, even though I have not found anything apart from the general version of a line of the code.nMy geometry is complex, and it will probably require some modifications. This is the reason why I rule out the possibility of setting all the injections manually, as it is not an immediate task.nI just want to set the typical surface injection but with less parcels. Is there any code template in order to achieve that?nThank you,nAitorn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You can use an external program to define the injection file, I've seen C script to create (for example) a petal pattern injection, the equivalent would be Python. You need the x, y & z coordinates to be put into a text file and then add the rest of the data (particle temperature etc) from there. One hint with injection files, make sure the injection is inside the domain, so if inlet is at y=0 set the position as y=0.001 such that the particle is about midway into the first cell. n
    • Aitor
      Subscriber

You can use an external program to define the injection file, I've seen C script to create (for example) a petal pattern injection, the equivalent would be Python. You need the x, y & z coordinates to be put into a text file and then add the rest of the data (particle temperature etc) from there. One hint with injection files, make sure the injection is inside the domain, so if inlet is at y=0 set the position as y=0.001 such that the particle is about midway into the first cell.https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/110834#Comment_110834

Thank you, Rob.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I have learnt to create a dummy sample at the surface or boundary I want to make file injection later. I have used that later to modify the whole input.nnIt is simple to generate the file injection via Python. The format required as well as the input is pretty straightforward n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.