Fluids

Fluids

DPM model

• Ansan
      Subscriber

while using rosin rammler distribution model, surface injection, I entered the mass flow rate of coal, but in velocity magnitude option should I enter the velocity of coal or should I enter the velocity of coal carrier which has different velocity/mass flow rate than that of coal?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      The velocity of the coal and it corresponds to the injection or start velocity in the domain.
    • Ansan
      Subscriber

when i manually calculate the inlet velocity of coal it turns out to be 0.0045m/s while that of coal carrier is 2.2m/s. But when i go to reference value option in fluent at select calculate from inlet option then it shows the value of 0.16m/s. So i am really confused, which value should i use in my simulation?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Reference values are only required for post processing force and moment coefficients.

Add a Screenshot of velocity inlet.
    • Ansan
      Subscriber

Also, can we convert DPM species transport model to Eulerian-Eulerian model. If so, can you please share some tutorials or idea of doing so?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Yes one can do that. No I cannot refer to any tutorials. Check standard tutorials repository. Please mark this as Is Solved.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.