Fluids

Fluids

Dpm particles Evaporation

Tagged: ,

• mtalha976
      Subscriber

Hi,

My Question is that I am working with DPM model. Intially i have run a steady state solution to achieve the relative humidity.

After that i switched to transient solution. And I am injecting particles also . The particles are not evaporating in the domain. What could be the problem? In material property I have changed volatile part to 98%.

kindly suggest me the solution of this.

Thank you.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Perhaps the concentration of vapor in the gas mixture is so high that the driving force for evaporation is not big enough. Add some more details.
    • mtalha976
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your reply. Can you tell what more details you need . So that I am able to tell you.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Information about DPM Particle Type, Gas Mixture, Models used: I do not have a crystal ball!
    • mtalha976
      Subscriber
      The details are.
      Model: K-e standard
      Species transport : Water vapor and air
      DPM: Interaction with continuous phase, Unsteady particle tracking, Inject particle time step :0.001
      Particle Type : Droplet, Injection type : cone , Particle temperature: 307k , velocity: 5m/s
      Volatile part : 98%
      Inlet continuous phase : Velocity : 0.5m/s, mass fraction equal to the 50% RH, temperature : 293k
      Inlet : velocity: 5m/s , mass fraction equal to 97% RH, temperature : 307k
      Methods: Simple
      calulation time step : 0.0012 for 0.12 secs and 0.0038 for 0.38 secs

If any more needed let me know.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I prefer tea leaves...
      If RH is 97% and you add droplets at 34C would you expect to see much evaporation?
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      same here: You can color the particle tracks by the Law Index and check for the law being applied.
    • mtalha976
      Subscriber
      I have checked that law 2 has been applied
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      So it is evaporating a bit but not a lot as you are already almost at 100%. Can you check the diameter of the droplets by just plotting the diameter vs path length or residence time.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.