Fluids

Fluids

Draw symmetries invalid thread

• HugoB
      Subscriber

Hello everyone ! 

I'm writing this topic because I'm using ANSYS Fluent for a project and when I changed the name of my symmetry BC in my mesh, Fluent gave me this error message when I tried to launch it. It's really annoying because Fluent stops working even if I delete the last symmetry in my BC and change it with my new... Do you know how can I tell to Fluent not to display the mesh or even better not to try to draw the symmetries automatically when I launch it ?

Thank you in advance and have a nice day !

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Can you please explain in detail. 

Why are you changing name in meshing? You can always change name or type in Fluent. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• HugoB
      Subscriber

Hello kkanada,

I'm changing the mesh because I changed my geometry (I subdivided my main body into two bodies, which changed my symmetry wall into two symmetry walls), and when I open Fluent it gives me this message...

The ony way I found to fix it is to clear generated data and start over all my Setup conditions but this is pretty annoying since I use parameters and different models so it is a bit long to fix it that way...

I would like ot know how I can tell to Fluent not to try to display the mesh whan I start it because this is what is causing it to fail.

Thanks

• HugoB
      Subscriber

ok I solved it, for those of you who want to know how, I just had to uncheck the "display mesh after reading" box when I start Fluent and then go to "views" and redefining my mirror plane with my new symmetry.

Have a nice day !

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.