Fluids

Fluids

duplicated reactions in chemkin mechanism

• Weiqiang Liu
      Subscriber
      Hi all,nI have a question about duplicated reactions in chemkin mechanism files. The reactants and products are exactly the same for the two reactions with just different rate parameters like activation energy and pre-exponential factors.nI am wondering how fluent dealt with these two duplicated reactions internally. what is the rule for fluent to switch between this two reactions.nBest regardsnweiqiang n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      If you read that into Fluent and you check Fluent you will which reaction have been taken into account. If you see it duplicated let me know.n
    • Weiqiang Liu
      Subscriber
      Hi Dr. Amine,nAbove are the two duplicated reactions in mechanism. I checked reaction panel in my model. I found both of them shown up in reaction list and fluent just converted all reaction parameters into 'activation energy-pre-exponential factor-temperature exponent' format.nBest regardsnweiqiangn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Not really understand: is Fluent showing one or two reactions?n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Let me double check it: I have reproduced the issue.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Please have a look into: n4.5.3. Auxiliary Reaction Data under Reaction Mechanism Description.n
    • Weiqiang Liu
      Subscriber
      hi Dr. Amine,nThanks very much! Do you mean the theory guide or user guide manual?nBest regardsnweiqiangn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      CHEMKIN-Pro Manualn
    • Weiqiang Liu
      Subscriber
      thanks very much! Dr. Aminen
    • Weiqiang Liu
      Subscriber
      Hi Dr. Amine,nI looked up the chapter you mentioned in that manual and I think I found appropriate explanation.nThanks very much!nweiqiang n
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.