Fluids

Fluids

Dynamic mesh not working

Tagged: 

• tireduser
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have a fluid domain with a heat source on one of the boundary faces. That boundary face is a wall and is moving along the bigger face, which is actually the same wall. I do this in order to model a moving heat source hitting the wall and moving.

The udf is working fine and the face moves but the remeshing is not working.

I have tried many combinations, including isolating each option (local cell, local face, region face) , combining them etc and it still doesn't work. As it doesn't work, the mesh ends up with negative volume and an error stops the simulation.

Case and picture of the failed remeshing as well as udf attached. The moving wall is called cylinder_wall.

I have gone through the forums and I couldn't find a reason as to why it is not working. The solver warns of high skewness a few iterations before crashing but remeshing should happen above 0.9 skewness (0.7 face skewnees if using that setting). However, it doesn't.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      As ANSYS Staff, we can not download attachments. Please upload images using upload image functionality. nPlease have a look at nnPlease check help at nWhile defining dynamic mesh zone please use cell height as the mesh size you have defined. nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      if the wall is moving as intended, no issue with the UDF, The problem is in the remesh setting.nn
    • tireduser
      Subscriber
      Hi Keyur, nI saw that case before and tried those settings. No luck . Tried changing the mesh cell height but no luck either. nAnything else I can try? Might this be another Fluent bug?n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.