Fluids

Fluids

Dynamic Meshing/Layering

• MichaelJunker
      Subscriber

Good morning,

I got a problem with a transient Simulation. It seems like a simple dynamic mesh problem, but whatever I try it won't work.

The geometry is a cylinder with one In- and four Outlets. The basic idea is that the fluid that is inside the cylinder will be pushed out and the geometry will be shrinking. I chose the Layering dynamic mesh method. I watched a lot of tutorials on youtube and they didn't help me with this problem. Am I missing something easy or is this actually a more complex simulation?

Thanks for your help,

Michael

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee

Are you running 3D or 2D?

• MichaelJunker
      Subscriber

It is a 3d simulation

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee

Ok. It should be very straightforward. Let me find out the getting started tutorial for you. Hold on!

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee

Can you provide bit more detail about your model? how are you defining shrinking geometry? will there be a fluid flow from inlet to outlet? 

• MichaelJunker
      Subscriber

Excuse me for answering so late, was a busy weekend. My idea was that a pressure inlet would push the fluid out of the zone, thanks to the dynamic mesh. There shouldn't be a fluid, just the pressure on the surface.

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

Hi Michael I have a 2D tutorial similar to your case which can be applied on 3D case

• MichaelJunker
      Subscriber

Thank you for the help. I found the mistakes in my setup.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.