September 12, 2019 at 6:53 amkrzywan901Subscriber
I would like to ask you about indication specific step at me simulation (result). I am seeing only one option - control time step (I am writing time step of simulation, which interest me and program is showing me this step), and here appear my question. Can I indicate other option, for example I would like to indicate moment by using coordinates X,Y,Z program would show this step? Is this option possible?
September 15, 2019 at 3:10 pmRaef.KobeissiSubscriberNot exactly understanding your request, can you explain it better.
September 16, 2019 at 10:22 amkrzywan901Subscriber
I will try
My simulation has three time steps: 1s = 0mm, 2s = 151mm, 3s = 302mm and this is the end of the simulation. In the results I can see any step of the simulation by entering the time to indicate (e.g. I write to show the results in 1.43s and then the program displays the results at that time), and I would like to read the X, Y, Z coordinate points at the contact point (I am interested tension at this place and at this moment, and showing with a step of time it shows the largest and smallest results everywhere, which I don't need). The gear wheel goes through the second gear and at the moment of contact I would like to read the tension. That's why I need or to read the contact point coordinates and tension at this moment or to enter the coordinate points myself so that as I would enter X = 100, Y = 20, Z = 300 is a simulation step to show this moment. Is there any option that will allow me to read the coordinate points of this contact point?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.