March 15, 2020 at 7:57 amMJolSubscriber
I would like to know how we can use accelerogram in dynamics.
I have a file with time and acceleration, but I don't know which study to cchoose and how i can use the file in Ansys.
If you can help it will be a pleasure for me.
March 15, 2020 at 11:28 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
In Workbench, use a Transient Structural analysis. Have your file with time and acceleration open in Excel.
Add an Acceleration Load to the model and there is a Tabular data window. Copy the data from the time and acceleration columns in Excel and paste into the Tabular data first cell.
March 15, 2020 at 12:36 pmMJolSubscriber
Thank you for the answer, it works.
However, how do we put gravity? Ansys says that is impossible to put acceleration and gravity.
March 15, 2020 at 12:40 pmMJolSubscriber
I have a problem, the boundaries condition I took (support) are not takinf account into the transient analysis...
March 15, 2020 at 12:55 pmMJolSubscriber
No it's fine i correct it
March 15, 2020 at 1:07 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
If your units are meters, and you want gravity to be in the -Y direction, then you add 9.8066 to the Y-component of acceleration in the applied acceleration load.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.