August 14, 2023 at 10:29 amJoonseong LeeSubscriber
I am calculating the stress intensity factor for internal cracks in a pressure vessel. When calculating the stress intensity factor with the following settings, the quality of the stress intensity factor in the corner area is poor. How can I properly view the stress intensity factor for axial cracks? should?
August 18, 2023 at 1:33 pmAshish KumarForum Moderator
Can you try increasing the number of divisions in the circumferential direction?
August 21, 2023 at 2:37 pmDavid WeedAnsys Employee
Can you show a more descriptive picture of the crack mesh? Perhaps at a different angle which shows how the crack is situated on the topology of the body (please show crack mesh). Thanks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.