July 25, 2023 at 4:01 amFranc ShawSubscriber
I was wondering if I can design a 3D model in Spyder using python, then load the code into ANSYS SpaceClaim Editor and run to build a 3D model?
All above operations are performed in Spyder, not in SpaceCalim.
Thanks a lot!
July 25, 2023 at 2:10 pm
July 26, 2023 at 11:19 amFranc ShawSubscribercopy-paste a code from spyder to the SpaceClaim scripting window
July 26, 2023 at 3:36 pm
July 26, 2023 at 11:19 pmFranc ShawSubscriber
July 27, 2023 at 2:46 pmAniketAnsys Employee
Hi I think you should be able to use command line prompt to create geometry:
Please check if this page helps:
July 31, 2023 at 9:14 amNickFLSubscriber
Thank you for the link. I have a couple of questions in regards to running from the command line.
- My model is a terrible STL and I do not want to visualize it until it is cut up. That is why I want to use SpaceClaim without the GUI. It seems like the \Headless option is what I want. However when I set \Headless = True it seems to still open the interface.
- I have a script the opens a file (STL saved in SpaceClaim so no import needed), slices, deletes and saves. It was built off recorded options and works quite well when I do it manually. It is saved as a .scscript.
SpaceClaim opens but seems to ignore the headless and the script (& also the exit). Here is what I am using on the Command Line (starting from the working directory where the script is located):
> spaceclaim \Headless=True /RunScript=”PositiveXY_Script_forCmd.scscript” /ExitAfterScript=True
Thanks in advance.
July 31, 2023 at 9:56 amNickFLSubscriber
Ok, I guess I was a little impatient. It does run the script, it just takes a long time to open the files and do the slicing. And my / was in the wrong direction :facepalm:
July 27, 2023 at 10:10 pmFranc ShawSubscriber
Does SpaceClaim provide any API to let me create geometry using command prompt?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- section plane
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- material properties
- Coordinates orientation
- “contact pair has no element in it.” how to resolve this problem
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.