March 13, 2023 at 8:38 amDuncan GibbonsSubscriber
I am performing a fatigue life analysis in ansys mechanical (static strcutural) on a bracket. I get a lower life estimate at only one mesh vertex (pic attached). Is this due to the edges of the CAD model and/or a poorly meshed body? It is located at the interface between a flat surface and a curved fillet.
March 14, 2023 at 2:26 pmDaniel ShawAnsys Employee
The Mechanical Fatigue Tool (FT) uses the raw nodal stresses to predict the fatigue life. If you have a local "hot spot" in the model (for whatever reason - bad mesh, stress singularity, etc.), the FT will use that local stress in the fatigue calculations. You probably should remove that hot spot from the FE model. If removing it is impractical, then you should probably remove that node(s) from the fatigue calculations by scoping the results to a Named Selection that does not contain that node(s).
March 16, 2023 at 3:26 pmDuncan GibbonsSubscriber
Thanks for the insight!
March 16, 2023 at 3:31 pmDaniel ShawAnsys Employee
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.