August 17, 2023 at 4:46 pmminusunnySubscriber
How can i calculate effective indices of first two modes of an subwavelength grating using FDTD ? Will using FDE work?
August 17, 2023 at 5:08 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
You may use FDE, which is specfically developed to calculate the modes of a waveguide. Also, the mode source in FDTD has an inbuilt eignemode solver, which can also calculate the modes. But I would recommend FDE if you have the option.
August 18, 2023 at 1:39 amminusunnySubscriber
Will the result be accurate for SWG?
I am trying an example given in the following link:
It only gives the effective index of first mode. I would like to get effective index with second mode in similar manner. Is there any possible way to do that?
August 18, 2023 at 5:50 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
Are you referring to the mode source used in a Bragg grating? By default the mode source only selects the fundamental mode.You can choose "user select", and then "select mode". This would open up the eigenmode solver and you should be able to calculate the modal properties of multiple modes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.