April 2, 2023 at 2:24 amAnnette CriderSubscriber
I am using Ansys EDT Student 2022 R2. I am trying to use the Eigenmode solution to find TM and TE modes for electromagnetic bandgap structures (EBGs). I am trying to reproduce published results that cite HFSS as the simulation software. The issue is that I will be able to reproduce the first mode TM0 pretty accurately, but TE1 will not occur. I will get intermediate modes that never appear in published results.
Is there a way to explicitly excite these modes in the eigenmode analysis
April 10, 2023 at 12:57 pmPraneethAnsys Employee
Thank you for reaching out and your patience is much appreciated.
Please note that the Eigenmode solver is not a full solver and it will present all the possible modes based on the model geometry.
If you want an exact analysis, then use HFSS Modal Network solution type.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.