Photonics

Photonics

Electric Field monitor- FDTD

• Sahar Isapour
      Subscriber

Hello, 

I want to have a graph of my triangle shape roughness like the right picture but my result is the left picture. Does anyone know what's the problem?

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

It is hard to tell if your settings are correct, and the monitor is at the right location with right size. Please refer this post: 

Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?

if you still have questions please paste some screenshots from your settings.

Make sure the monitor is at the right location and only record data around the rough surface. It seems the plane wave source and periodic BC are correct.

• Sahar Isapour
        Subscriber

Hello,

Thank you so much. I solved that problem. 

I have another question. in the left picture which is my result how can I increase the resolution?

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

To get high resolution image, there are two options:
      1: using interpolation: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034925893-interp-Script-command  this is a linear method. You can also use matlab, but before sending data to matlab, please interpolate the data as matlab uses linear data, but Lumerical uses auto- non-uniform mesh. This method does not increase accuracy.

2: using finer mesh and rerunning the simulation. At the same time you may need to increase the number of PML layers to keep the total thickness the same. This increases the accuracy.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.