November 13, 2022 at 9:09 amFrederic WuSubscriber
I would like to ask a question about a simulation I am working on in Ansys Lumerical.
By using the Frequency-domain Profile and Power monitor, I get to measure the electric field profile of my setup. However, I do not understand why some parts of the simulated profile has such a low resolution. Is there any way I can fix this issue? As you can see in the picture, the top and the bottom portion has an especially low simulation resolution. The measure profile contains a single color.
Thanks and please do help.
November 14, 2022 at 6:44 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
This post is replied in Photonics Forum:
Please submit only one post in Photonics Forum if your question is regarding to Lumerical products. The example image I pasted is to inject the plane wave Ex at the botom, towards to +z, whereas your is towards -z.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.