November 13, 2022 at 9:07 amFrederic WuSubscriber
I would like to ask a question about a simulation I am working on in Ansys Lumerical.
By using the Frequency-domain Profile and Power monitor, I get to measure the electric field profile of my setup. However, I do not understand why some parts of the simulated profile has such a low resolution. Is there any way I can fix this issue? As you can see in the picture, the top and the bottom portion has an especially low simulation resolution. The measure profile contains a single color.
Thanks and please do help.
November 14, 2022 at 6:15 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
I believe it is not resolution issue, as I can see the mesh is quite fine. The issue is to understand them:
you are visualizing the magnitude of the field, not the real or imaginary part of the E field. Since in the transmission and reflection, the amplitude is fixed.
The fringes shown are due to interference.
If you visualize real part of Ex, Ey or Ez depending on your source, you will see different result:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.