Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Electric Machines Design Toolkit – R16 INSTALLATION

• Yesid901208bc
      Subscriber

Hello, 

I have some problems with the Electric Machines Design Toolkit - R16 installation. I followed de instruction in page 16 and 17 of the pdf. and after installation process I followed the open process described in pages 11 and 12. But when I try to define "User Defined Outputs" the probes window is empty and the following error appears:

*Global - Messages
        [error] MissingMemberException: 'ADispatchWrapper' object has no attribute 'GetCoreLossEffectOnField'  Method: "_GetDesignProp" In file "C:Program FilesAnsysEMMaxwell16.0Win64syslibUserDefinedOutputsElectric Machines Solutions - R16Average and RMS Solutions.py", line 1033 ---- While calling "GetInputUDSParams(...)" on UDOExtension in "C:Program FilesAnsysEMMaxwell16.0Win64syslibUserDefinedOutputsElectric Machines Solutions - R16/Average and RMS Solutions.py"
      BLDC1.5KW (CUsers/yesid/OneDrive/Documentos/Ansoft/DoctoradoTEST/)
        [info] User Defined Primitive: SpanExt is modified from 0.1 to 31.7805 (2:02:50 p. m.  ene. 08, 2019)

Also, if I try to run the toolkit this error appears: (But it could be caused because the user outputs have not been defined)

"*Global - Messages
        [error] MissingMemberException: 'IDispatch' object has no attribute 'GetUserDefinedSolutionNames'  In file "CProgram Files/AnsysEM/Maxwell16.0/Win64/syslib/Toolkits/Maxwell2D/Electric Machines Design Toolkit - R16/Electric Machines Design Toolkit.py", line 11578 ---- While executing script: CProgram Files/AnsysEM/Maxwell16.0/Win64/syslib/Toolkits/Maxwell2D/Electric Machines Design Toolkit - R16/Electric Machines Design Toolkit.py"

Please, I need help with this... I am using ANSYS Maxwell 16.0.2 over a PC i5 with Windows 10. I already tried with two versions of the toolkit.

• Matt Madore
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

It appears that you may have not set this up properly. Please check your directories, they should be setup within the C:Program FilesAnsysEMMaxwell16.0Win64Maxwell directory.

Yours:

C:Program FilesAnsysEMMaxwell16.0Win64syslibToolkitsMaxwell2DElectric Machines Design Toolkit - R16

C:Program FilesAnsysEMMaxwell16.0Win64syslibUserDefinedOutputsElectric Machines Solutions - R16

Should be:

C:Program FilesAnsysEMMaxwell16.0Win64MaxwellsyslibToolkitsMaxwell2DElectric Machines Design Toolkit – R16

C:Program FilesMaxwell16.0Win64MaxwellsyslibUserDefinedOutputsElectric Machines Solutions – R16

Additional Directory to check:

C:Program FilesAnsysEMMaxwell16.0Win64MaxwellsyslibToolkitsMaxwell3DElectric Machines Design Toolkit – R16

Please let me know if this helps with the issue.

Thank you,
      Matt

• Yesid901208bc
      Subscriber

I put it there because in my Win64 folder there is not any Maxwell folder:

:S !!!

• mbeliaev
      Ansys Employee

Please go to Tools-Options-General Op.. - General - Directories.

Check path to userlib.

after that follow:

Installation:

If not already exist, create a folder UserDefinedOutputs under userlib or Personallib.

Place the directory  Electric Machines Solutions – R16  into the UserDefinedOutputs directory under syslib, userlib or Personallib.

If not already exist, create a folder Toolkits under syslib or userlib or Personallib.

If not already exist, create another folder Maxwell2D (and/or Maxwell3D) under Toolkits folder.

Place the directory Electric Machines Design Toolkit - R16 into the Maxwell2D (and/or Maxwell3D) directory.

Second idea to check.

From tools open command window and run:

oProject = oDesktop.GetActiveProject()
      oDesign = oProject.GetActiveDesign()
      oEditor = oDesign.SetActiveEditor("3D Modeler")
      oModule = oDesign.GetModule("UserDefinedSolutionModule")
      oModule.GetUserDefinedSolutionNames()

do you get it running or do you get an error?

• Yesid901208bc
      Subscriber

Good morning,

I checked the folders, I didn't find something wrong.

I placed the Toolkit and the UserDefinedOutputs in userlib and I tried to define "User Defined Outputs" with right click over "Maxwell2DDesign/Results/Create user defined solution/ElectricMachinesSolution - 16/Average and RMS solutions". I also tried to run the toolkit clicking over "Maxwell2D/Toolkit/Electric Design Machine Toolkit - 16/Electric machine design toolkit" but the errors mentioned in the first post apeared.

I repeat the process but in the syslib and Personallib but the result was the same.

When I tried to run the commands on the command window, the last command send me an error. "MissingMemberException: 'IDispatch' object has no attribute 'GetUserDefinedSolutionNames'".

I'm going to send a PDF showing the results into a graphic way.

• Yesid901208bc
      Subscriber

Here, the results previously explained are presented.Please... Help me..

• mbeliaev
      Ansys Employee

the quality of image is very bad. but it seems that python throws you an error.

Unfortunately it is very very old version of Maxwell and it is difficult to say what exactly is wrong. But from here I see that this commands are unsupported in this version.

Please update to recent one version. In this version toolkit is preinstalled as ACT extension.

https://support.ansys.com/AnsysCustomerPortal/en_us/Downloads/Current+Release

• Yesid901208bc
      Subscriber

I apologize for the image quality, I didn't find how to upload a PDF. However, the text written in the post before the image describes the content of the image. I don't have a customer account, I just have a student software then I do not know how to login in the link you send me.

https://support.ansys.com/AnsysCustomerPortal/en_us/Downloads/Current+Release

But I can request the newest version to the laboratory. The version which has the Toolkit preinstalled is 19.0?

• Matt Madore
      Ansys Employee

Yes, it's included with 19.0, also with 19.1 and 19.2.

Thank you,
      Matt

• Yesid901208bc
      Subscriber

Thanks, I will use 19.0.

• aicha1
      Subscriber

Hello.

I am sorry, but how can I get or download the "Electric Machine Design Toolkit "? I have the Electric Machines solutions under the "Create user Defined solution" in the Results section, but I couldn't find the Electric Machine Design Toolkit. ( I have an Ansys Maxwell version of 19.2)

Can anyone please help me? I would appreciate it a lot. 

Thank you!

• Matt Madore
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Machine Design Toolkit is located under the ACT Extensions panel -> Manage Extensions, within the Electronics Desktop. There is no additional installation, it is included with 19.2.  You can find information on usage within the ANSYS Help documentation.

Thank you,
      Matt

• bayetan
      Subscriber

Hello Matt,

I'm using ANSYS Electromagnetics Suite 19.1.0 and I'm not able to find the "Electric Machines Design Toolkit".   I have checked the "ACT Extensions: Extension Manager" and the only Toolkit that had a similar name was "Machine Toolkit" but enabling that did not change the "Maxwell 2D:Toolkit" menu even after selecting the "Update Menu"

Thanks,

Ben

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Ben,

If enabling the ACT Extension does not show the menu you are looking for, I would recommend to ask this question in   Physics Simulation  > Electromagnetics  section.

Thanks,

Win

• bayetan
      Subscriber

Hello Win,

Thanks for the advice.  I was not able to find the "Maxwell 2D:Toolkit:Machine Toolkit" but when I enabled the "View:ACT Extension" windows, I saw the Machine Toolkit".  It looks like that's the way to access the Toolkit on my set.  It looks like it working now.

Thanks,

Ben

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Ah, sounds good.

Thanks for the update Ben.

Win

• xrpeng
      Subscriber

Hello,

I downloaded ANSYS Electromagnetics Suite 18.2.0 from the my university computer service. My project is to design an PMSM and I need to get the torque speed curve. I heard the curve can be got with ''Electric Machines Design Toolkit'', but I met problem on looking for this toolkit. I read above posts and tried to find the toolkit in ''ACT Extension''. However, I couldn't find it from the existing apps.

Manage Extension

Then I checked apps in the Ansys app store and I can't see the apps that related to Maxwell electric machine design toolkit. Though there's a app ''Maxwell Technologies Library'', it is installed in Simplorer rather than Electronics Desktop.

Then I tried to download the newest version of ANSYS Electromagnetics Suite, but it seems the links in websites of ''ANSYS Free Student Software Downloads'' doesn't work. I appreciate if you can help me on this toolkit.

Thanks,

Peng

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Peng,

Can you use at least version 19.0 ? The Electric Machines Design Toolkit is a built-in starting from that version, so you don't have to do any extra install or setup.

Thanks,

Win

• xrpeng
      Subscriber

Hello, Win.

When I downloaded the software in university, there are only versions of 18.2 and 15. But I found 19.0 and 19.1 can also be downloaded in university now.  So I'll install 19.1 later.

Thank you,

Peng

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Sounds good Peng.

Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.