Electronics

Electronics

Electro-Thermal Analysis in AEDT

• ha_nguyen3
      Subscriber

Hello,

I want to perform an electro-thermal analysis using either Icepak or mechanical coupled with HFSS in AEDT. In previous post, I was told that the results of Icepak and Mechanical-thermal should be in line if they have similar setup. https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/137023#Comment_137023

My model consists of biological tissues. And since I don't know which tool is suitable for my model, I run thermal analysis on both Icepak and Mechanical. The ambient temperature for both simulations is 24C.

For Icepak:

1. I calculated surface loss and volume loss on HFSS using Field Calculator
      2. Assigned the opening for 6 faces on the Air box
      3. Assign thermal < EMloss to all objects
      4. Set up Analysis
      5. Generated mesh and ran the simulation

For Mechanical Thermal:

1. Assigned boundary
      2. Assigned excitation < EMloss for all objects
      3. Linked the analysis to HFSS

There is no significant difference in the setup for both Icepak and mechanical. The only difference is that convection is used as a boundary for one of the object in Mechanical, and an opening is assigned in Icepak.

However, the results of Icepak and Mechanical are not similar to each other. Also, I want to add on metabolic rate (heat  generation) and blood perfusion (heat removal) for my model, but I can't find these features in Icepak or mechanical. 

P/s: I can't find examples of thermal analysis on human or animal models anywhere (even on Ansys Learning Hub). I have been referring to Waveguide Filter available on AEDT as an example of Icepak coupled with HFSS.

Temperature Map from Icepak

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      Hi The response to this question is being provided through other channel and hence closing the thread.
      All the very best.
    • shashank1
      Subscriber

I have similar issue too. Did you figure out how to define initial temperatures to biological tissues in Icepack.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.