November 8, 2021 at 6:44 pmha_nguyen3Subscriber
I want to perform an electro-thermal analysis using either Icepak or mechanical coupled with HFSS in AEDT. In previous post, I was told that the results of Icepak and Mechanical-thermal should be in line if they have similar setup. https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/137023#Comment_137023
My model consists of biological tissues. And since I don't know which tool is suitable for my model, I run thermal analysis on both Icepak and Mechanical. The ambient temperature for both simulations is 24C.
- I calculated surface loss and volume loss on HFSS using Field Calculator
- Assigned the opening for 6 faces on the Air box
- Assign thermal < EMloss to all objects
- Set up Analysis
- Generated mesh and ran the simulation
For Mechanical Thermal:
- Assigned boundary
- Assigned excitation < EMloss for all objects
- Linked the analysis to HFSS
There is no significant difference in the setup for both Icepak and mechanical. The only difference is that convection is used as a boundary for one of the object in Mechanical, and an opening is assigned in Icepak.
However, the results of Icepak and Mechanical are not similar to each other. Also, I want to add on metabolic rate (heat generation) and blood perfusion (heat removal) for my model, but I can't find these features in Icepak or mechanical.
P/s: I can't find examples of thermal analysis on human or animal models anywhere (even on Ansys Learning Hub). I have been referring to Waveguide Filter available on AEDT as an example of Icepak coupled with HFSS.
Temperature Map from IcepakNovember 30, 2021 at 5:59 pmPraneethAnsys EmployeeHi The response to this question is being provided through other channel and hence closing the thread.
All the very best.
February 23, 2022 at 7:24 pmshashank1Subscriber
I have similar issue too. Did you figure out how to define initial temperatures to biological tissues in Icepack.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.