August 10, 2019 at 2:24 pmp43kumarSubscriber
I’m hoping to model a system supporting Electrodynamic suspension in the Transient Module in Ansys Ansoft Maxwell (2D). I have a 2 coil system with a plate suspended over the levitator setup. I supply a sinusoidal current with a frequency of 1000 Hz and a current of 3 A in opposite direction to the two coils. (Image of model provided below)
Figure 1: Overall 3D EDS System
Figure 2: 2D Model of the Levitator system
I’m hoping to leave the plate free to move in the vertical direction. This movement (a function of time) would be a result of the time varying Lorentz force generated. I was wondering if the ANSYS Ansoft Maxwell 2/3D module was capable of supporting this simulation?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.