General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Element Birth and death technique using APDL in static structural model.

• mtlee
      Subscriber
      I am simulating a sequential coupled model. The first model in in fluent whose temperature history is used in static structural model for evaluating thermal stress. For thermal stress analysis I am incorporating element death and birth.nI am killing all element in the powder bed in the first step using this APDL command.nestif, 1e-12 !element death and birthnesel,s,type,,in718nekill,allnallselnI want to alive only those elements whose temperature (from history) is more than powder melting temperature. The following APDL command is used for the second time step.n/com ##########n/com #noutres,last,lastROPT,FULL n*get,myncmls,active,,solu,ncmls n*if,myncmls,gt,0,then nCMSEL,s,in718SLE nSELTOL,1e-4 n/com ###nNSEL,r,D,TEMP,500,5000 nSELTOL n*get,numnode,node,,count !! number of nodes which are in the temperature rangen*if,numnode,gt,0,thennESLNn*get,numelem,elem,,count !! number of elements that contain nodes within the rangen*if,numelem,gt,0,thennEALIVE,all !! alive elements with a node in the rangen*endifn*endifnALLSEL !!Select all elementsn*else !!if first load stepnfinin/config,noeldb,0 !! safe the result in the in-memory databasen/solun*endifn/com #n/com#############nnThe problem is that my first step is working fine but in the second step i cannot see any element birth.nThanks.nn
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nnPlease see if the following example helps you:nnnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.