September 11, 2020 at 4:23 ammtleeSubscriberI am simulating a sequential coupled model. The first model in in fluent whose temperature history is used in static structural model for evaluating thermal stress. For thermal stress analysis I am incorporating element death and birth.nI am killing all element in the powder bed in the first step using this APDL command.nestif, 1e-12 !element death and birthnesel,s,type,,in718nekill,allnallselnI want to alive only those elements whose temperature (from history) is more than powder melting temperature. The following APDL command is used for the second time step.n/com ##########n/com #noutres,last,lastROPT,FULL n*get,myncmls,active,,solu,ncmls n*if,myncmls,gt,0,then nCMSEL,s,in718SLE nSELTOL,1e-4 n/com ###nNSEL,r,D,TEMP,500,5000 nSELTOL n*get,numnode,node,,count !! number of nodes which are in the temperature rangen*if,numnode,gt,0,thennESLNn*get,numelem,elem,,count !! number of elements that contain nodes within the rangen*if,numelem,gt,0,thennEALIVE,all !! alive elements with a node in the rangen*endifn*endifnALLSEL !!Select all elementsn*else !!if first load stepnfinin/config,noeldb,0 !! safe the result in the in-memory databasen/solun*endifn/com #n/com#############nnThe problem is that my first step is working fine but in the second step i cannot see any element birth.nThanks.nn
September 11, 2020 at 1:49 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys EmployeennPlease see if the following example helps you:nnnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.