November 7, 2020 at 1:14 pmkradaSubscriberNovember 18, 2020 at 3:11 amAshish KhemkaForum ModeratornnFor orienting an element coordinate system to a global one, please refer the following post:nnRegards,nAshish KhemkanNovember 18, 2020 at 1:56 pmkradaSubscriberThank you very much for your answer. i have managed to set up ESYS correctly. but then after error of element distortion occurs. i know that coarse mesh is one of the reason. but if i model my spring in a such way that it has stiffness in tension then it is working fine. and i got solution converged. but i want to model spring in compression only. nmy keyopts of Combin element are KO(1)=0, KO(2) = 0 and KO(4) = 1 moreover i have set Force-deflection points in third quadrant and in first quadrant for compressive and tensile cases respectively.nIt would be very helpful if you can guide me. nViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
- A solver pivot warning or error has been detected
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.