November 16, 2018 at 11:01 pmserene7wingsSubscriber
Hi, i have question regarding the error below:
Element 302090 has excessive distortion.
I located the element with distortion and the region has really thin structure (attached photo) that might be the reason causing the error.
I tried to increase the mesh density to solve but the error remains. Is there any other suggestion to solve this problem if i am not being able to modify the geometry structure?
If i run the simulation with extra fine mesh (which takes mush longer time), will the error goes away?
November 17, 2018 at 2:39 amSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Serene, What version are you using? There is a limit to the no. of elements you can define in an Academic license.
Also, what materials are you using and how are you loading this?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.