Fluids

Fluids

Eliminate this unwanted wall solid

• Tegdlemat
      Subscriber

I have generated the mesh which looks fine but it added this wall solid part, which I think is the thickness of the object, is there any way to get rid of this since fluent added material, which is aluminum to this part and I assume that it will affect the simulation result. Thanks a lot!

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Did Fluent add that deliberatly on its own? I do not think so. It is set as Symmetry.
    • Tegdlemat
      Subscriber
      It wasnt there until I set the refinement boxes to body of influence in Mesh. I subtract boolean the domain and the sail in DM. Is there any way to remove it? I would like to know why Fluent add the part wall-solid every time and added the solid material to it. Or should I just open a new Fluent to see if this still happens?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      That wall solid is just a surface boundary and is not a cell zone. Regarding the mesh part: please add a screenshot to understand what you did in DM.
    • Tegdlemat
      Subscriber

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Check how it relates to the other surfaces. It's not an internal wall as there is no shadow, but we can't tell if it should be part of the wall or symmetry surface.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      With that picture I do not understand anything..
      I assume Fluent interpreted the cell zone as unique cell zone and as you did not give a NS for it is used the default "Solid" naming. You defined for almost all boundary conditions NS but you left one not explicetly labeled. Now Fluent is giving that boundary a default naming "wall-solid". You can rename it in Fluent and change its type or you go to Meshing and give it a better name there already!
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.