January 23, 2022 at 8:18 amIwanBroodrykSubscriber
I need to extract the dense element matrices from my model. I've been using EMATWRITE and DMAT with success. I haven't changed anything and suddenly APDL will not write out the stiffness matrices to the "file.emat".
See attached image of error message.January 25, 2022 at 2:49 pmJanuary 25, 2022 at 5:33 pmJanuary 25, 2022 at 5:35 pmIwanBroodrykSubscriberFails to read because it does not exist. In the past the File.emat was generated in the analysis directory, and the DMAT command was used to recover all 64 stiffness values for a given element (here for a 2D plane stress element, PLANE182)January 25, 2022 at 6:52 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
It may be happening that you are solving analysis somewhere else and the File.emat is not getting copied. It also may happen that if the size of File.emat exceeds the physical disk space on your system then the file may not get copied. Please see if this is the case.
Regards Ashish Khemka
January 25, 2022 at 7:11 pmIwanBroodrykSubscriberFrom what I can tell, the analysis is being performed in the native analysis directory. It is also where the File.emat has been created before in the past. Where else would the file be created? How do I determine the location of another analysis directory?
The File.emat should not exceed the physical disk space, I have plenty and the model is small. Is it possible that there is a setting somewhere that causes the file to be appended every time I run a job (not overwritten)? I would imagine it gets cleared out before every job. If not, then it might be a disk space issue and I need to find the excessively large file and clear it out.
Viewing 5 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags