Photonics

Photonics

EME Import Arbitrary Source Field

Tagged: ,

• kemackay
      Subscriber

Hello, I'm attempting to import a custom source to an EME port. The field I'm trying to import is saved from the result of an EME Profile monitor in a previous simulation. The data format I saved this in uses the steps outline in the tutorial here: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034396394-Importing-arbitrary-source-fields-into-EME-ports. I'm able to save the .mat file, import it into the script workspace and view it, and the data appears as it did in the monitor.

However when I attempt to import it to a port (the port has the same dimensions and mesh size as the monitor) I don't get any confirmation, and when I click visualize fields this error pops up. Any help is appreciated.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

From your description, I am not sure what manipulation you did. I tested and it works fine:

then choose the folder containing the .mat file shown above. Here is what I got

Please make sure you imported the data.

• kemackay
      Subscriber

Hello, I made a completely new MODE file, with only an EME solver region in the workspace. I took the script provided in the linked tutorial, which creates a sample .mat file of a mode profile. I then click "Import Fields", select the .mat file, press open, and then receive no confirmation. When I click "Visualize data" I get the same error "No mode data was found". Attached is an image showing the script worked and generated a field.

This error occurs on a completely new file with no manipulations done to it, importing a custom source does not appear to work.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

I did exactly the same thing and it works:

you may need to upgrade your software.  If the problem persists, please send us your computer OS information. If you have premium support, please email us with all the files attached.

Thank you!

• kemackay
      Subscriber

Hi, we upgraded the software to the latest version and it finally worked. Thanks for your assistance.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

Thank you for let us know.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.