September 1, 2022 at 5:19 pmkemackaySubscriber
Hello, I'm attempting to import a custom source to an EME port. The field I'm trying to import is saved from the result of an EME Profile monitor in a previous simulation. The data format I saved this in uses the steps outline in the tutorial here: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034396394-Importing-arbitrary-source-fields-into-EME-ports. I'm able to save the .mat file, import it into the script workspace and view it, and the data appears as it did in the monitor.
However when I attempt to import it to a port (the port has the same dimensions and mesh size as the monitor) I don't get any confirmation, and when I click visualize fields this error pops up. Any help is appreciated.
September 1, 2022 at 6:45 pm
September 1, 2022 at 8:24 pmkemackaySubscriber
Hello, I made a completely new MODE file, with only an EME solver region in the workspace. I took the script provided in the linked tutorial, which creates a sample .mat file of a mode profile. I then click "Import Fields", select the .mat file, press open, and then receive no confirmation. When I click "Visualize data" I get the same error "No mode data was found". Attached is an image showing the script worked and generated a field.
This error occurs on a completely new file with no manipulations done to it, importing a custom source does not appear to work.
September 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
September 6, 2022 at 2:49 pmkemackaySubscriber
Hi, we upgraded the software to the latest version and it finally worked. Thanks for your assistance.
September 6, 2022 at 2:57 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Thank you for let us know.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency