July 12, 2021 at 5:57 pmhmorinSubscriber
I am trying to debug a simulation with an EME solver. However, only changing the size of the ports gives vastly different results. In all cases, my index monitor also shows a discontinuous structure, which it is not. The waveguides here are 4um by 4um in the yz plane. We need to have an optimal size of the ports due to the computational cost of larger ports.
Here is the input side of the structure. Note the lack of a port on the lower most waveguide.July 12, 2021 at 10:12 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeHi, This is a case in our Zendesk support, and has replied. Please modify the simulation files according to suggestions. In particular, please use several different profile monitors and index monitors, since you will need to increase the resolution in order to get correct profiles.
Please continue in email support.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.