February 28, 2018 at 7:18 pmhamaidSubscriber
Hi, I am trying to simulate Additive manufacturing process where i need to change the powder conductivity and density during melting and back to solidification. The powder which is loose undergoes melting when high powered moving laser is used to melt them, the conductivity and density of the powder changes once it melts. Therefore, I need to define two different material properties to change the element property after it melts. But whenever i use Emodif command before solving or MPCHG command after finding out the elements that goes above the melting point using Etable in post7, ANSYS crashes everytime on the subsequent solver operation. I am confused as to why ANSYS crashes after using these functions. It is not highlighting the error and even I couldn't find similar issue anywhere on the internet. Please someone can help me on this or if anyone else is also facing the same issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.