LS Dyna

LS Dyna

End Time in Explicit Dynamic

• Alireza
      Subscriber
      Hi GuysnI am trying to simulate a Mooney-Rivlin Hyperelastic model which has some beam element inside of it. I was wondering what would be the best end time to choose for the simulation? Since I apply pressure in the model so the load can be applied whether in 10 microsec or 1000 microsec and for sure the simulation time would be totally different. I was wondering since I do not use any viscoelastic material properties what would be the best choice for the end time of the explicit dynamic modeling in my case? n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nWhat size is the part? The length L (m) from one end to the other?nRequest the speed of sound in your material by adding a User Defined Result SOUNDSPEED (m/s)nCalculate the time T it takes for a sound wave to travel the length: T = L/SOUNDSPEED (s)nMake sure your end time is orders of magnitude larger than T, otherwise the pressure will not have time to reach the far side of the part!n
    • Alireza
      Subscriber
      Thank you so much for the comprehensive answer. I will check that for sure, n
    • Alireza
      Subscriber
      Hi Peter,nIn terms of the length, do you mean the thicket part of the model?nFor example my model is like a hemisphere and it has an intra pressure, so the length I guess here refers to the thickest part of the model not for example the diameter of the hemisphere?n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.