April 13, 2023 at 2:51 amAltair45Subscriber
For the downloaded example files of Ansys FDTD, I think there are some license limitations.
Through the server with floating license, I ran the files and checked the error like followed image from the .lsf files
So I view the jobs detail, the followed errors appeared. I think it have a problem between main license and floating license.
If anyone can advise on how to fix the problem, I would appreciate it.
(First image is the engine error and second image is the job error
April 13, 2023 at 3:55 amLito YapAnsys Employee
Based on the screenshots, these are the same error. You do not have enough FDTD solve license to run the simulation job. 1 solve license allows running 1 simulation job up to a max of 32 cores per job.
> Lumerical solve, accelerator and Ansys HPC license consumption – Ansys Optics
Based on your resource configuration, you are trying to run (-n 4) x (-t 12) = 48 cores.
> Compute resource configuration use cases – Ansys Optics
As indicated in error message - you will need 2 solve license to run the simulation on 48 cores.
To resolve this set your resources to run at 32 MPI processes (-n 32), and always keep the threads to 1 (-t 1). This will run 32 MPI processes on 1 thread each so you will only be utilizing 1 solve license to run on 32 cores/threads on the local computer (localhost).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.