November 18, 2018 at 5:35 pmLuisSubscriber
could anyone tell me how to simulate the engine induced vibration due to its unbalanced forces and moment (the engine rotates at 50Hz) to the basement and structures below? Should I use the transient analysis module or harmonic analysis? Is there a mathematical approximation or should I model all the enclosure with the rotating shaft?
November 18, 2018 at 10:13 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Luis, See this relevant discussion.
November 19, 2018 at 3:10 pmLuisSubscriber
Thank you. But it doesn't help me on how to practically model the engine
May you help me?
November 19, 2018 at 7:20 pmsk_cheahSubscriber
Unfortunately the system you are describing is very complicated. The engine excites whole and half orders, not just the first order unbalanced forces. Best consult the engine manufacturer for advice on what data they may be able to provide.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.