April 27, 2022 at 3:52 pmPatrik_micekSubscriber
Greetings, I have asked this question some time ago, however I got covid so was not able to answer to emails and the thread got locked (support.lumerical.com/hc/requests/89138). I try to model a hyperbolic layered metamaterial consisting of silver and SiO2 layer. In the simulation I represent this metamaterial by a bulk effective material with corresponding anisotropic permittivity. I managed to model my Hyberbolic metamaterial and sufficiently introduce the model into the FDTD. Herein I include the permittivity of the metamaterial. You can clearly see that near the 360 nm wavelength the material exhibit Epsilon near zero (ENZ) behavior.April 27, 2022 at 7:07 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeI guess that the diffraction is so strong that it does not propagate long and the efficiency is very low. You may still find some focus by use of log scale.
In addition, You mentioned that you used two slits but the figures in the paper seems to have some confined field propagation:
The mode from the waveguides might not have so strong diffraction.
BTW: Please also check the material property and see it it is what you imported.
May 3, 2022 at 8:24 amPatrik_micekSubscriberHello again, I trtied everything you mentioned, the materials are okay, I implemented two waveguides to address the high diffraction efficiency of the diffracting sources. In the epsilon-near-zero regime (358-361 nm) the profile looks like this
Which does not look like anything in the former mentioned study.
May 3, 2022 at 3:43 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employeehave you tried using the log scale? This device has extremely low efficiency, as majority of the field intensity is localized, non-propagating.
You may also try mode sources instead of plane wave source.
So try log scale and mode source.
You may refer this post to get more info in order to find the cause of differences: Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
We do not have similar examples so please try your best.
May 4, 2022 at 4:46 pmViewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.