General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Equal channel angular pressing in ansys static structural

• waqaskhan.92
      Subscriber

The green part is my work piece i want that work piece to deform and pass through curve of 90 degree but i am not able to apply dof conditions if some body had this tutorial or guide help me i am doing research and i need to find the plastic strain of the work piece material i am using is titanium alloy

• waqaskhan.92
      Subscriber

My basic aim is this to find shear stress in one plane i need help to conduct this analysis. your help will be appreciated.

• waqaskhan.92
      Subscriber

my basic aim is this if know how to do that help me to apply dof for this how can i make work piece rotate

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Waqas, That is a really old version of ANSYS. The academic version is really free, go ahead and upgrade it here.

The above part looks to be constrained enough with contact as long as the non-green parts are? If you think there is rigid body, you can do a modal analysis and test it. See this post.

Regards,
      Sandeep

• waqaskhan.92
      Subscriber

Sandeep thanks for the post  i am using 2018 version non green parts are fixed at there positions and only green part has to move i cannot figure out how can i let is bend towards the tube.

if you can guide me how to setup this it will be great help

i will try it on modal too.

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

If the parts are fixed and you are applying a pressure load at the top, given that the material can undergo extreme non-linear behavior should bend under these constraints? Of course, start by defining Frictionless constraints and see if that material can handle such extreme non-linear behavior. My guess is that you would run into convergence issues but you can deal with errors as they arise. Make sure you turn on large-deflection, decide on a material with plastic behavior and don't forget to turn on the newton-raphson residuals before you run. See if this article helps?

Regards,
      Sandeep
      Guidelines on the Student Community

• waqaskhan.92
      Subscriber

ok let me try it 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

It will be much easier to get a solution to converge if you make the radius of the corner larger and add a radius to the sharp corner of the right-side block.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.