LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Equations used to solve the model by ansys

• harsf
      Subscriber
      I have modelled a water tank and given an earthquake load to it. For water, I used the Eulerian domain and for the water tank, I used the Lagrangian domain. Sloshing occurs. I am interested to know what equations ansys solves in order to get the results. Can someone help?n
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Which tool are you using?n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • harsf
      Subscriber
      hi,n@Aniket , I have attached an image of the model. Actually I didn't get you about the tool, you meant. Can you pls send me some details how to get the equations and solution and the method the programme used to get the solution. Thank you.nn
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nYou could have a look at the explicit dynamics theory guide Chapter 5: Explicit Dynamics Theory Guide (ansys.com) for understanding the equations and the solution methodology. Section 5.2.6. Explicit Fluid Structure Interaction (Euler-Lagrange Coupling) (ansys.com) might be specifically helpful. Also, if you want to simulate sloshing do check out fluid80 (and other similar) elements FLUID80 (ansys.com). Also, have a look at
      and
      ,nIshan.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.