General Mechanical

General Mechanical

• Ibtehal
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am using Ansys APDL do analyze soil structure interaction for Phd thesis. I used solid 45 for soil and steel plate (foundation), contact volume to volume target by target 170 and contact 173 elements.Fixed support for base of soil and fixed in X and Y direction for soil sides .Apply static load and load of gravity. I used sweep mesh of 1 cm for 55*65*75 cm soil and sweep mesh for steel plate. I used drucker prager for soil and give yield strength to plate and gave density in Kg/m3 

the following error appears *** ERROR ***                           CP =    2728.469   TIME= 06:43:21
       Element 25921 (type = 1, SOLID45) (and maybe other elements) has become
       highly distorted.

what should I do help me please

• jj77
      Subscriber

It could be many things (mat properties, loads, mesh,...).

If you can attach your file then I can have a look assuming it is not to large (since I have the student licence which is node limited). Otherwise someone else might also be able and kind enough to look into it.

• Ibtehal
      Subscriber

Hi 

I attach now my Ansys pdl file hoping find solution for my problem please

• jj77
      Subscriber

Use the Attach button seen on the right of your last post to attach your cdb or db file.

• Ibtehal
      Subscriber

I tried to upload the file it wasn't uploaded. Can you please explain choices about what should I do. I will then be grateful thank you. 

• jj77
      Subscriber

Perhaps, zip the cdb of db file first and then upload it. This worked for me.

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

You can use the Attach button as long as the files are <120 MB. I doubt if your inp file is that big and it could be possible that the website is blocking the extension. Maybe you can try to remove that extension and try uploading it. So if you have file.inp just remove the .inp or even just the '.'  and just rename as fileinp

Also, You can always, upload to your google drive and use that link or copy your APDL commands using preformatted text option from the toolbar you are typing in.

• Ibtehal
      Subscriber

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AynV1Z8xACvTDK3B56R9cK6LWiF7x9d4

Thank you This is the link of my db ansys file.  

• Ibtehal
      Subscriber

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AynV1Z8xACvTDK3B56R9cK6LWiF7x9d4

This is the link of my Ansys file hope you can help me please 

• jj77
      Subscriber

That is a good way also .

Unfortunately as I said I have only a student licence (node limited), so I cannot run this large model. 

I hope someone else will be able to open and run them.

All the best - 

jj77

• Ibtehal
      Subscriber

Thank you very much.

Hope that any one can see it and help me. I will be very grateful

Regards Ibtehal

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.