September 16, 2021 at 1:52 ammomchilSubscriber
Hi I am trying to run older scripts, and I get an error that "addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name" -
is addfdtd removed from MODE 2021 R1 release?
I cannot find FDTD object under Simulation also, why is that?September 16, 2021 at 2:00 ammomchilSubscriberHi,
answering my own question - the error is due to improper project start - when running scripts with FDTD engine command (i.e. addfdtd) start the launcher and open a "New FDTD Project".
The error was due to my MODE application starting the default project with EME solver instead.
September 16, 2021 at 5:01 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeYou are right that if you use script you will need to launch the proper project first. If you manually open a new project from "File", you will be able to open any solver from the launcher as the recent a few versions have this compacity.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.