Fluids

Fluids

Error ANSYS Fluent “Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.CortexNotAvailableException’ was thrown”

• ricardolion
      Subscriber

Hi, 

I am quite new to ANSYS and currently trying to do the ventilation simulation on Fluent, the problem arose after I created the mesh and doing the setup process (image below)

I am not sure what went wrong so that I received these error notification:

Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.CortexNotAvailableException: Exception of type 'Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.CortexNotAvailableException' was thrown.

at Ansys.Fluent.Data.SetupData.GetCommunicator(IReadLockContainer context)

at Ansys.Fluent.Data.SetupData.ReadCaseModelInfo(IFullContext context)

at Ansys.Fluent.Data.SetupData.ReadMeshAndModelInfo(IFullContext context)

at Ansys.Fluent.Data.SetupData.LoadFiles(IFullContext context)

at Ansys.Fluent.Commands.EditCommand.Execute(IFullContext context)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.CommandWorkUnit.executeInContext(CommandContext subContext, IExecutionEngineCallback tracer)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.doExecute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, CommandContext subContext)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.Execute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, Boolean dontCatchExceptions)

--- Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandFailedException: Exception of type 'Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.CortexNotAvailableException' was thrown.

CommandName: Fluent.Edit(Container="Setup")

at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.RethrowFailureException(Exception e)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.Wait(Int32 milliSecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)

at Ansys.Fluent.Commands.EditCommand.InvokeAndWait(IProtectedContext context, DataContainerReference Container, Boolean Interactive)

at Ansys.Fluent.Gui.OpenInFluentGui.Invoke(GuiOperationContext context)

at Ansys.UI.GuiOperationContext.Invoke(GuiOperationMetaData operationData)

at Ansys.UI.UIManager.InvokeOperationCore(String pseudoname, OperationDelegate callback, Boolean allowOSMessages, Boolean coreTransaction, Boolean deferredRefreshOnly)

After multiple hours of googling, there are people with the same problem (such as this one : https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/139809-error-exception-type-ansys-fluent-cortex-cortexnotavailableexception-thrown.html) , but I still do not understand the solution for this issue.

I tried using a much simpler geometry (a box with a window) and everything runs smoothly until the result step, it happens when I use this geometry:

I tried cleaning the geometry, recreating that geometry from scratch, but the error stays the same. Does it relate to the student version that I am using or there is something wrong with the geometry?

Thank you guys

• chiragthakar29
      Subscriber

I think you have maybe exceeded the geometry limits of the ansys or your system is not able process properly the mesh. What is the element size of your mesh?

• ricardolion
      Subscriber

According to the statistics, there are 2700 nodes and 2860 elements.

Anyway, I ended up trying to remodel the whole thing in SpaceClaim (since I previously use sketchup format and import it as geometry).

I could not find any guide regarding which geometry is considered to be "ansys friendly" and which is not. Even though skp., dwg., and other formats could be imported, SpaceClaim (or Solidworks) seems to be the only one which is guaranteed working in ansys

Quite troublesome, but I think that is the only way..

Thanks

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Have you meshed the volume or the surfaces?  From the above it looks like you may only have a surface mesh. The transfer from Meshing will work as we use surface meshes in other ways but Fluent won't recognise it: in standalone mode Fluent will give a more diagnostic error as it fails. 

• ricardolion
      Subscriber

Yes, that is what I have done after I realised I should model the volume instead of 1-layer surface.

This is what I did before and after 

This is the geometry after

But then I still received the same error after that in Fluent. I am not sure if I am doing the volume modeling correctly. Could you please advise if my understanding of the geometry concept is correct or not?

Thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.