Fluids

Fluids

error at host: failed to open file. The fluent process couldn’t be started.

• lu jia
      Subscriber

After I ran a DPM case and when I wanted to write "current position" of particles to file,the console displayed that "error at host: failed to open file. The fluent process couldn't be started." Then Fluent didn't response for any action unless restart Fluent. This happened for not just once. How come with this problem? Thanks.

• Prashanth
      Ansys Employee

Hi

Did you leave the calculation on for a while and then tried to generate .dpmrpt after a long idle time? The error "Fluent process couldn't be started" sometimes gets written when the license has been disconnected during system idling. If running on local system, save the data and read that. And use that for post-processing.

• lu jia
      Subscriber

I tried to save and read data but it still doesn't work. 

• Prashanth
      Ansys Employee

You need to open a fresh fluent case and use that data. If it is indeed a license/network issue, it won't happen.

Also, I see that that you have posted the exact question on forum and a engineer has already responded. Please post follow up questions to that thread.

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/error-at-host-failed-to-open-file-the-fluent-process-couldnt-be-started-2/

• lu jia
      Subscriber

sorry for that. I thought I haven't posted the question successfully  and then found I can't delete one of the same questions.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.