Fluids

Fluids

error at host: Update-Dynamic-Mesh failed. Negative cell volume detected. (IC cold flow simulation)

Tagged: 

• kishanchand11
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I have been performing Ansys ic engine cold flow simulation transient,pressure based case. I have been receiving the "update dynamic mesh failed" error every time i run a simulation. I have refined the mesh and performed all the solutions from forum regarding the remeshing considering the fact the mesh displacement is more than the height of the cell still iam receiving the error my time step size is 4.75*10^-5, can't decrease further time step. iam new to fluent i don't know what iam missing in my settings. Iam attaching all the pictures.

FYI, i have changed the re-meshing setting several times to rectify the error but same error popping up.

• Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nThanks for the details. I do see that you have used the Local Zone Scale Info and that is good to have. nDid you try to preview the mesh motion and does it fail during the preview itself?nCan you also try to split your domains in such a way that you could use a Layering approach on the piston side?nSplitting can also help in reducing the region where remeshing is actually applied. nAlso is the can you test by reducing the crank speed to see if it goes through?.Regards,nSuryann
    • kishanchand11
      Subscriber
      Hello surya,nnThank you so much for answering,n1) the mesh doesn't fail while preview i checked twice, but while solving after few simulation like 500 iterations it's shows same error.n2) Regarding splitting the domain, i really don't know how to do this, but if i split the domains will it not alter with mesh interfaces and effect the whole mesh?n3) Iam using lower crank speed, i ran a simulation successfully for 1:1 stroke/connecting rod for same model with 1500 rpm it went smooth.nn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.