Fluids

Fluids

error at the contour of air volume fraction for rotate system

• ztjia
      Subscriber

when I simulated a stirred tank with MRF, I found significant difference on the border of station region and rotate region in attached picture. details about model and simulation were as follow:

TFM-RANS (mixture realizable k-e).

phase coupled simple scheme was adopted for the pressure-velocity coupling.

Quick and second-order upwind scheme for spatial discretization of volume fraction and momentum.

the simulated domain was meshed by poly-hex-core with fluent meshing shown in the attached picture. waiting for your reply, thank you sincerely.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

That does look odd. Given the likely flow field I'd tend to favour a pure poly mesh, but poly-hexcore should also be OK. Double check for stray wall between the rotating and stationary zones. How good is the convergence, and how long has the model been running? How does the air get out of the domain? 

• ztjia
        Subscriber

thanks for your reply, is there another possible reason for this phenomenon?

• ztjia
      Subscriber

thanks for your reply,Bob. all the residual were below 10e-3, steady simulation was used about 100000 iterations, the air was defined as a velocity inlet, at this condition, the air velocity was 22 m/s, the stirred top was degassing condition. I have checked the mesh, the rotate region and station region have been shared topology in SCDM, the mesh were commom nodes.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you look in 3d is there an explanation? Please post the velocity plot too. 

• ztjia
        Subscriber

thanks for your reply. the air velocity plot is as follows.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

That looks fairly sensible, and the water? 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.