TAGGED: meshing, solid-modeling, structural
February 17, 2021 at 9:52 pmChihiSubscriberHello everyone,I am trying to simulate a compression test on a cylinder. i have created the model, selected element type solid272 :Axisymm 4 nodes 272 Now when i try to mesh, it shows the following error:Element type 1 is SOLID 272 , which cannot be used with the VMES command. Meshing of volume 1 is aborted.nI tried the same with SOLID 273 but i still get the same error. I am using ANSYS CLASSIC.nnCan anybody please help...nThanks in advance
February 23, 2021 at 6:10 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys EmployeennYou are trying to mesh the volume with plane elements. Try using brick or tetrahedral elements.nnRegards,nAshish Khemka
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.