March 15, 2023 at 1:01 pmCyrille BarreraSubscriber
I was trying to simulate a p-n phase-shifter like the same named tutorial in the Lumerical website. The file was created using the Lumerical Python API and the whole device has a 4.2 µm x 1.5 µm size (2D-y normal simulation).
Unfortunately, while the meshing step is going without any problem, the running task crashes at startup with the error :
"(process 0): Calculator is not implemented"
I do not find the cause of this and I was wondering if you could help me with this?
March 15, 2023 at 6:47 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
I google this error message " Calculator is not implemented", it seems this is a system error. You may need to reboot your computer after system update. Please let me know if reboot can resolve this issue.
March 16, 2023 at 9:25 amCyrille BarreraSubscriber
Unfortunately it does not solve the issue. I even tried the script on both Windows and Linux OS from two different computers.
March 16, 2023 at 4:43 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
It seems this error shows when you use Python API. Please directly run the simulation file with GUI or without GUI or using script but without Python API and see if it resolves this issue. Since no computer os information is available I provide a link with different instructions for different OS for your reference:
We need to isolate the cause.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.