General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Error code =87

• Gordievsky87
      Subscriber

Hello everyone.

During static mechanical calculation I got the following error.

Could anyone know what to do with that?

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Hi!nCan you please provide some more info about this error:nHow many cores are you requesting?nDo you have that many cores dedicated and available?nHow many physical cores your machine has?nGenerally, if your machine has 6 cores, keep couple of free and use only four for your runs, as these 2 cores will be used for I/O as well as other programs. If you are already doing this and still seeing it let us know more details! Also, just a suggestion, you can use snipping tool to take screenshot on the machine you are working with!n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • Gordievsky87
      Subscriber
      Hi. The information below. I use 12 cores. Total is 16.nn
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      are you the only user of this machine? It happens that others try to access the machine and cores that you have assigned to solver are grabbed by other processes. nCan you try to:nmake sure that no other users are accessing the machine.ntry with less number of cores if possible.n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • Gordievsky87
      Subscriber
      Aniket hello.nUnfortunately it didn't help. n
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Gordievsky87, so using less cores results in this error still? How many did you try? I am sorry I do not have any further suggestions as this error is given by the OS to APDL and that has been passed down to solver output.n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.