August 30, 2018 at 8:18 pmbalsaidiSubscriber
I am trying to wrap 2-D shell lattice around wing of an airplane. However, after wrapping the shell, I have problem with cutting it using selected planes. Please see the attached images for clarification. Any suggestion?
August 30, 2018 at 8:34 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
It is not clear how you plan on cutting it or why?
I don't see any intersection of the plane and the wing?
FYI, you can also use the Combine tool to cut bodies.
August 30, 2018 at 9:19 pm
August 30, 2018 at 9:22 pmbalsaidiSubscriber
By the way, I tried both features, split body and combine. Non of them worked for me. The error message is "Unable to cut body".
August 31, 2018 at 4:03 amRahul KumbharAnsys Employee
Please check the geometry for any corruption. Locate he body in structure tree, right click on it >> select 'Check Geometry'. This should show if there is any issue.
August 31, 2018 at 9:40 amSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Bashir, If I understand this correctly are you trying to cut the airfoil vertically?
Is the wing completely joined even at the trailing edge?
August 31, 2018 at 10:10 pmbalsaidiSubscriber
Yes I was trying to cut the wing vertically to make sure that all bodies, wing and two layers of shells, are collinear. Anyway, I realized that switching between DM and SpaceClaim causes some vertexes issues.
I am expecting that the meshing issue that I face is due to the way that share topology constructed between certain faces. Would you please explain to me how to use share topology for selected bodies in SpaceClaim? I am using ANSYS R17.2
August 31, 2018 at 10:22 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.