November 7, 2022 at 8:00 pmSahil DaswaniSubscriber
AUTOSPC detected very large entries in the *
* assembled matrix. These are probably caused *
* by overflow during elemental matrix computations. *
* This could be caused by an energy explosion. *
* Recommend switching to the REAL*8 version of LS-DYNA
i get this error while trying to simulate my file
I'm new to LS Dyna
i'm trying to simulate forces on a single element block which is placed between rigid walls.
November 8, 2022 at 9:25 pmReno GenestAnsys Employee
It looks like you are doing an implicit simulation. AUTOSPC constraints are added to an implicit model to prevent rigid body motion which is not allowed in implicit. Here is what you can try:
- Fully constrain the parts in your model so that they don't move as a rigid body. Then run the implicit model again.
- Do an explicit simulation. It is okay to have rigid body motion in an explicit simulation.
Also, the error message recommends to switch to REAL 8 version of LS-DYNA. This means using a double precision solver. You can download one here:
If you are new the LS-DYNA, it would be good to go through some training. Do you have access to the Ansys Learning Hub (ALH)?
You will find the WB LS-DYNA course here:
And many LS-DYNA courses here:
November 11, 2022 at 6:03 pmAndreas KoutrasAnsys Employee
You'll also find plenty of information and examples online if you search for "ls-dyna implicit guidelines" and "ls-dyna implicit examples".
Regarding the behavior of rigid walls in implicit, see the field RWPNAL of *CONTROL_CONTACT.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- turning simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- How to figure out impact force in Explicit Dynamic Analysis
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
- LS-Dyna not appearing in ANSYS Workbench
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.