General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Error from sover engine’s inability to converge solution (urgent)

• rashique-iftekhar.rousseau.1
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have a model with bolt and nut, both having threads in ANSYS Workbench 2019 R3. In this particular model, I just kept the treaded shank and nut and I am trying to pull all the top surface nodes of the shank contraining the top face of the nut not to move in any direction. Unfortunately, every time I am getting the following error (1) with warnings (2, 3, 4):

1. The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.  Please see the Troubleshooting section of the Help System for more information.
      2. The unconverged solution (identified as substep 999999) is output for analysis debug purposes. Results at this time should not be used for any other purpose.
      3. One or more bodies may be underconstrained and experiencing rigid body motion. Weak springs have been added to attain a solution. Refer to Troubleshooting in the Help System for more solution.
      4. One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update. you can identify these tree objects by filtering the tree using the scoping option set to partial.

FYI, since the model takes longer to run in local computer, I usually run it on HPC. Any help will be greatly appreciated as it is very urgent for me to finish for performing some quick analysis.

N.B: I tried to attach my model file as .wbpz by dragging it from my PC as there is not button to attach files (only for link). But it says "dropped file format is not supported". 

Regards.

Rousseau

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

We (Ansys employees) can not download any files or provide specific and detailed help on convergence issues – perhaps some other forum memberrs can. Also if you have a commercial supported licence, then please feel free to open up a support request in our customer portal.

In general if you search the internet and this site for “convergence and issue” you will get lots of information that will be of help.

Also the help manual has some help:

https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/wb_sim/ds_contact_best_prac_converge.html

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.