Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Error in ANSYS Workbench Student Version

• Shyamprasad
      Subscriber
      Hello,nRecently i have installed ANSYS Student software (ANSYS 2020R2) in my laptop.I am able to create the geometry but when i am trying to attach geometry into mesh it is showing the following error.nnAnsysWBU.exe encountered a problem.A diagnostic file has been written:C:\Users\Ramana\AppData\local\Temp\AnsysWBDumpFile.dmpnnMy laptop has NVDIA Getforce graphics card of 6GB with dedicated Video memory(VRAM) of 2GB.nnPlease help me to fix this problem.nThank younn
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nnThe model might have corruoted. Can you try creating a new project?.Regards,nAshish Khemkan
    • Shyamprasad
      Subscriber
      yes, i have created a new model.But still i am getting the same error.n
    • subhamdas
      Subscriber
      Can you do a quick test with the following?nCreate a simple geometry(eg. a cuboid) and try to attach it to the mesh. If it works then I suspect there is something wrong with your geometry. To confirm this, follow the next stepnIn case you have an additional system, try installing the student version and attach the geometry that you have prepared to the mesh. Do let me know how it workedn
    • Shyamprasad
      Subscriber
      nI have tried using a simple geometry...but still i am getting the same error.nn
    • subhamdas
      Subscriber
      Did you try installing the software on a separate system?n
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      You can also try updating your Nvidia driver (please go to Nvidia website, do not use Windows Device Manager)nThen, make sure that your machine uses Nvidia card. Right click on the desktop then launch Nvidia Control Panel >> Manage 3D settings >> set Preferred graphics processor to be High-performance NVIDIA processor.nn
    • Shyamprasad
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your reply.nI followed your instructions.But still i am getting the same error.n
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      Close all ANSYS applications, then open elevated CMD Prompt (right click on CMD and 'run as administrator') and enter the following commandsnmove %appdata%\ansys %appdata%\ansys.oldnregsvr32.exe ole32.dllnregsvr32.exe atl.dllnregsvr32.exe oleaut32.dllnregsvr32.exe scrrun.dllnregsvr32.exe jscript.dllnregsvr32.exe vbscript.dllnmake sure all are successful. If not, let us know.nnIf that doesn't help, try the following commandsnset PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbemn%awp_root202%\Framework\bin\Win64\runwb2.exenand see if this particular Workbench session worknnIf that doesn't work either, open up Products & CAD Configurations with 'run as administrator' >> Configure Products & CADs >> select all optionsnnIf issue persists, open CMD Prompt and enter the following commandnsetnthen post the output of it here.nAlso, open up Windows Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrative EventsnIs there any Error logged when this issue occurred ?.
    • Shyamprasad
      Subscriber
      I am getting the error 'mesh generation couldn't complete due to poor quality' in ANSYS 19.1 version...nI have tried with different mesh settings and different geometries. But still i am getting the same error.nPlease help me to solve this issue.Thank youn
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.