Fluids

Fluids

Error in Aqwa

• Jezza
      Subscriber

Hi,

I'm getting an error message in Aqwa which either occurs when I try to open Aqwa from Workbench or when I try to mesh my geometry in Aqwa. I've tried it with the project saved, with it unsaved, importing geometry or creating it in DesignModeler, on two seperate installations on different machines (2020 R2 and 2021 R1) and I'm still getting this error. The error won't allow me to mesh my problem at all. Note this only occurs for a hydrodynamic response system, hydrodynamic system works fine. Can anyone help me with this issue please?

• Mike Pettit
      Ansys Employee

You say 'this only occurs for a hydrodynamic response system', are you trying to solve an HR system on its own? (The hydrodynamic workflow requires a Hydrodynamic Response system to be linked to a Hydrodynamic Diffraction system, as the HR system relies on the database generated by the HD system.)
      This error message will only occur when the Aqwa editor gets an 'access denied' error code from the operating system when it tries to save the Aqwa project database. Is the project saved locally, or on some network location, or cloud storage?
      Cheers, Mike
    • Jezza
      Subscriber

Sorry, I didn't quite state that correctly. The error does not occur for an HD system, but when I link an HR system to the HD system, that's when I start to get the errors.
      I've tried saving the project locally and on a network, as well as not saving the project. All of these still resulted in the error message.
      Weirdly enough, I'm no longer getting this error after the weekend. I need to check with my department IT manager but I think the computers all got a windows update over the weekend, so maybe this has affected something? I'm unsure, but it seems to be working for now. I'll update should the error continue.
      Cheers, Jeremy
    • Mike Pettit
      Ansys Employee

Thanks for the update, please do let me know if the problem re-occurs.
      Cheers, Mike
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.