May 3, 2023 at 5:31 amWalaa ElhamamySubscriber
Hello everyone, I have a problem here.
I am simulating water entering from this inlet to the chamber. I assigned the two phases (Water and Air), and now I want to assign the water fraction. When I click on phase 2 (which should be the water and should be renamed to water but I don't know why it doesn't change automatically) this error message appears.
Error: get-domain: invalid domain id (integer) or name (symbol)
Error Object: #f
May 3, 2023 at 11:15 amRobAnsys Employee
If you changed the phase names in the VOF panel then that should also update in the bc settings. Assuming you can, save the case & close Fluent. Restart Fluent and read in the case. It's possible you had a bc panel open which didn't update correctly.
May 4, 2023 at 5:04 amWalaa ElhamamySubscriber
yes that's true, when i did this it works, thanks a lot.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.