December 3, 2019 at 9:37 amHimanshiSubscriber
In ANSYS APDL, I am trying to simulate sliding in a masonry wall using Friction Model. When I was using CONTA174 and TARGE170 and keyopt(12) = 6 or 5, there is no sliding but if I use keyopt(12) = 2 i.e., no separation contact(sliding permitted) there is sliding contact status seen but when I applied same concept to multiple bed joints, not all. I am getting error-
Contact status changes abruptly from contact to no contact.
Can anyone help me with this issue.
What keyopt should I use so that contact layer can slide over each other ??
December 5, 2019 at 1:51 pmRahul KumbharAnsys Employee
keyopt(12) =6 or 5 is for bonded MPC contact. You need to set keyopt12 = 0. And then define coeff of friction.
December 5, 2019 at 1:57 pmHimanshiSubscriber
Thank you for suggestion.
I tried using keyopt(12) = 0 and then define coefficient of friction but in that case my upper element got separated in vertical (normal direction) from lower one at the interface instead of sliding.
Can you help me what is wrong with it?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.